10 x FORD F-550 APC 6.7L DIESEL B6 ARMOURED
10 x New 2020 FORD F-550 APC 6.7L DIESEL V8 AUTO B6 ARMOURED TACTICAL RESPONSE VEHICLE
50% Deposit to secure and activate the production order.
Technical Specification for
FORD F-550 TACTICAL RESPONSE VEHICLE
SPECIFICATION: APC 6.7L DIESEL V8 AUTO B6
This specification outlines the design modifications to be applied to the above mentioned vehicle in order to convert this vehicle to a protective armored vehicle.
Custom Armored Vehicle Manufacturer
• Ford F550, 4x4,double cab,Left-hand-drive
• Engine:6.7Liter Power Stroke V8, Turbo Diesel
• Horsepower: 330 hp @ 2,600 RPM
• Torque: 750 lb.-ft. @ 2,000 RPM
• Five sided armoring of passenger compartment using certified ballistic steel plating to defeat high powered rifle fire meets or exceeds CEN B6 protection, 7.62 x 51 @ 820 (±10) m/s (see section 4.0 for ballistic protection)
• Vehicle armoring shall be constructed in such a way as to ensure that a projectile following a linear or angled path will not enter the vehicle’s interior
• Roof is also protected to the same level as the rest of the vehicle body
• Radiator also protected to the same level as the rest of the vehicle body
• Floor is fitted with steel plates to protect occupants against simultaneous detonation of 2 DM-51 German ordnance hand grenades or equivalent.
3.2 Transparent armor
A combination of glass, polycarbonate and Mylar are bonded together using the latest technology, producing one of the finest transparent armors available while incorporating the following qualities:
• Glass is positioned geometrically to obtain optimum blast mitigation from side blasts due to improvised explosive devices (IEDs).
• Anti-spall shield protecting against shattering glass
• Finest optical quality, minimal to no distortion
• Meets or exceeds levels CEN B6 ballistic protection, (see section 4.0 for ballistic specifications)
3.3 Engine Compartment
• Entire engine compartment protected to the same level as passenger compartment
• Air vent louvers made of ballistic steel are installed on the front and top of engine compartment to allow for air ventilation while providing 100% ballistic protection.
3.4 Doors and Hinges
• Entry and exit points are located on the top, rear, and each side of the vehicle
• All door hinges are engineered-for-purpose heavy-duty type hinges, capable of sustained functioning of heavier armored doors
• The hinges directly connect to the armoring steel in the doors and the armoring steel in the pillars 7
• All interior door panels include reinforced robust grab handles in order to assist with the opening and closing of the heavier armored door
• Two interior manual locking latches are installed in all doors in order to prevent unwanted access to the interior of the vehicle while maintaining ease of access to the vehicle
• Each and every door aperture, including the optional roof mounted turret, will be installed with ballistic steel overlap and splash return around the entire door aperture, 3600 of the aperture, to prevent any ballistic penetration and keep the armored door in place in the event of a large side blast
3.5 Seats and Interior
• Total seating for 10 personnel
• Driver and commander bucket seats with 3-point seatbelts. Upholstery is strong fabric, similar to
• OEM design, in order to maintain ease of maintenance
• 2 crew bucket seats in second row with 4-point seatbelts. Upholstery is strong fabric, similar to OEM design, in order to maintain ease of maintenance
• 6 crew seats (3 each side) which are configured to allow for viewing, monitoring and firing through the firing ports
3.6 Air-Conditioning System
• An air circulation system is installed in the vehicle with intake/exhaust electrical fans
• A 12V auxiliary heating/air-conditioning system is installed in the seating area of the vehicle to allow for climate control in addition to the OEM air-conditioning unit.
3.7 Tires and Run Flats
• All wheel rims, including the spare wheel, is of steel construction and certified to carry the weight of the vehicle
• All five wheels are fitted with Hutchinson and/or equivalent run flat devices.
3.8 Suspension System
• Our company only uses upgraded suspension components on all vehicles, as well as adding custom engineered components not found in standard aftermarket suspension upgrade kits, which results in a superior ride and handling experience when compared to OEM parts or the less-effective upgrade kits